Tuition Deadlines for 2017 Summer Session
|Non-refundable deposit to reserve your enrollment in the field school||$650||March 8, 2019|
|Tuition Balance||$1,550||April 5, 2019|
|Total||$2,200||PLEASE READ CANCELLATION POLICY BELOW|
A $650 non-refundable deposit is required to assure your place (upon acceptance) in the field school and is due March 8, 2019. The tuition balance of $1,550 is due April 5, 2019. Please note: No refunds can be provided after April 5, 2019.
NAPA-OT FIELD SCHOOL TUITION ($2,200) includes four weeks of field school instruction, transportation to and from Guatemala City airport, use of an in-country cell phone, and any curriculum-related excursions outside of Antigua.
Students pay INDIVIDUALLY for the following:
- Home Stay (modestly priced room and board)
- Spanish instruction at Tecun Uman, one of Antigua’s top language schools.
- Memberships to American Anthropological Assoc. and National Assoc. for the Practice of Anthropology
- Health and travel insurance
- Daily local transportation costs
- University tuition (if enrolled for credit)
- Weekend meals
- Discretionary expenses such as entertainment and gifts
- Cell phone calling cards
- Internet café fees
- Bottled water
- Toilet paper
Please note that these costs are NOT included in the tuition fee of the NAPA-OT Field School. Cost estimates are included on the Travel page.
Membership in the American Anthropological Association and National Association for the Practice of Anthropology
The NAPA-OT Field School in Antigua, Guatemala is a project of the Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science Special Interest Group of the National Association for the Practice of Anthropology (NAPA). NAPA is a section of the American Anthropological Association. Current membership is required for enrollment as a student in the field school.
The purpose of the NAPA-OT Field School is to provide an interdisciplinary experience in an international setting oriented toward social justice. Your membership comes with subscriptions to newsletters and journals that will expand your familiarity with the discipline of anthropology, its theories and approaches, and career areas and opportunities in this wide-ranging profession.
To join, please go to the AAA website and follow these steps:
- Click on “I am a new member” and then click “Continue to Membership form”.
- Fill out your personal information. Choose student membership. Click “Continue”.
- Click the appropriate income level and type in the name of your institution (i.e. university), program, and degree being pursued.
- Click “Submit Selection”. Join NAPA by choosing and clicking on the box corresponding with National Association for the Practice of Anthropology.
- Click “Continue to Order Summary” and finish completing order.
- Please remember that you must submit proof of membership by the tuition balance payment due date, April 5, 2019. Send an electronic copy of your AAA/NAPA membership confirmation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org