Enrollment for the 2023 session is now open! Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through March 1, 2023.
A complete application for the NAPA-OT Field School Guatemala Summer 2023 session consists of the application form, a CV or resume, and a letter of reference.
- Click to complete the Application Form here.
- After filling in the Application Form, email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also have your letter of reference sent directly to this email address.
- Once we have received your completed application (application form, resume, letter of reference), you will be contacted by a member of faculty to participate in a telephone interview. You will also be instructed how to set up a free online language assessment with our Spanish school partner Tecun Uman.
- The field school program is designed for graduate students in anthropology, occupational therapy and occupational science, and related disciplines such as medicine, public health, child development, gerontology and disability studies. The field school also accepts highly qualified undergraduate majors who have finished their junior or senior year, or who are recent graduates.
- All students should have intermediate level of facility in spoken Spanish by the time of enrollment, as assessed by an internet interview with the teaching staff of Tecun Uman, the field school’s affiliated language school in Antigua, Guatemala.
- During the four-week field school program, students are required to continue their Spanish language instruction at Tecun Uman. Students fluent in Spanish will be provided with alternate language programming, such as Mayan language instruction.
- The field school has a policy of inclusion and reasonable accommodations based on a realistic assessment of the physical environment of study in Antigua, Guatemala. Admissions are made on the basis of academic readiness and are contingent on continued good-standing within one’s academic program. Enrollment of admitted students is considered pending until review of a medical history and determination of the feasibility of any accommodations that may be indicated.
Applicants should also be aware that the field school will require the completion of pre-assignments, including online modules and readings, prior to arrival in Guatemala.
Current membership in AAA/NAPA is required as a condition of enrollment.